Oregon Registry Number 612515-92, filed June 26, 2009
Received Letter of Determination as Public Charity dated 9-15-2010.
VintageTEK org is a fully independent, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Your donation is a tax-deductable contribution. Federal ID: #27-0442732
vintageTEK.org is a charitable, educational and scientific museum founded to commemorate the early history of Tektronix, Inc and its role in spawning approximately 300 high technology companies in the 'Silicon Forest' - i.e. the four county, two state metropolitan area of Portland, Oregon.
Our main goal is to share our knowledge and history and to "pique the interest of young people in science and technology and to challenge them to become the technologists of the next decade".
We are planning educational events including our first scholarship based "Geek Academy", using the vintageTEK.org Museum staff, facilities and equipment to teach science and technology subjects to fifth and sixth graders.
Our long term plans include raising $5M to $7M to acquire land and our own building, and fund a chair in Analog Design at a major Oregon University.
We have established a Board of Directors
To manage the organization in the following manner:
- 1. First and Foremost: Add Value to the entire organization, our virtual presence, the brick and mortar museum, and our partner programs.
2. Represent vintageTEK, and partners in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
3. Recruit $ Contributors, and develop Patrons willing and able to financially support the organizations goals and objectives.
4. Recruit Volunteers to refurbish instruments, create and maintain measurement displays, develop creative measurements displays, and display instruments in the manner that will teach the basics of what these instruments were designed to measure when produced.
5. Recruit Academic Partners to provide advice and Interns as volunteer help.
6. Recruit Corporate Partners, Solicit Corporations and Members.
7. Nominate additional potential Board Members, Advisors, Trustees, and Corporate members.
8. Recruit and develop an Advisory Board.
9. Recruit a Board of Trustees
10. Solicit Artifact Donors and Historic Materials.
11. Develop a Strategic plan for growth and expansion.
12. Create a General Membership Program.
13. Save every contact of vintageTEK org in our master database.
14. Recruit Grant writing capabilities to increase expansion donations.
15. Recruit a Curator Following Funding.
16. Recruit and Hire Museum Staff Following Funding.