Tualatin Valley Cultural Arts Museums - neighboring museums in the Tualatin Valley (including vintageTEK)
Free 7K and 11K Series PDF Books - great books with lots of photos by Giovanni “Gianni” Becattini.
Tek Retiree Volunteer Program - quarterly newsletters and other Tek reference information.
Tektronix RAMS eBay store - Tektronix surplus equipment and parts
TekWiki - information about older Tektronix equipment
Old Tek Scopes Facebook page - group for all Tektronix instrument information
groups.io TekScopes - moderated group for all Tektronix instrument information
Tek Heerenveen Facebook page - group for Heerenveen related information
Tek Guernsey Facebook page - group for Guernsey related information
Servicescopes October 1959 to September 1971 single 694 page PDF at archive.org.
Tektronix catalogs and more various PDFs at archive.org.
Sammlung Historische Messtechnik, Berlin German site with an extensive collection of Tektronix catalogs.
Museum Of Broadcast Technology - audio control, television cameras, tape systems, and related production equipment.
Museum of Old Tektronix Scopes - information on and images of Tektronix scopes up to about 1970.
The Wellekino - A Home Of Old Scopes And Test Equipment - German site of scopes and test equipment.
Dennis Feucht was a summer intern at Tektronix from 1968 to 1972 and an employee for the next 13 years in product design and R&D groups. He has contributed a number of articles to EDN and Planet Analog. Here are a few of his Tektronix-related articles:
Dr. Hugo Holden's Electronics Page - A number of articles on electronics including these on Tektronix instruments:
- Using standard X1 and X10 oscilloscope probes with the Tektronix 222PS oscilloscope and Replacing the 222PS battery (PDF)
- Electrolytic capacitor failure modes in Tektronix TM series power main frames and self cracking resistors in a Telequipment D52 oscilloscope (PDF)
- Tektronix 2465B oscilloscope calibration issues: Re-powering the Dallas DS1225 or using RamtronN FRAM or autostore RAM or MRAM as DS1225 emulators (PDF)
- Tektronix 2465B oscilloscopes: Repairing the A5 control board - surface mount versions SN ~B050000 and upwards (PDF)
- Tektronix oscilloscopes: Vertical amplifier calibration principles with specific reference to the Tektronix 464 oscilloscopes SN B200000 and up (PDF)
- Tektronix 2465B oscilloscope: Main board inter-track leakage (PDF)
Tektronix developed the LCCS (Liquid Crystal Color Shutter), sometimes called Nucolor, for creating vividly sharp color displays from monochrome CRTs. They received a number of patents on this technology and used it on various different instruments. This LCCS: The LCD / CRT Hybrid from JVC YouTube video shows a nice demonstration of a LCCS in operation.
Articles, Books, and Videos
Joel Pollock interview by Information Display - Joel worked at Tektronix in the mid 1980s and was associated with the color shutter
What's All This T-Coil Stuff, Anyhow? - Electronic Design article
Oscilloscope Development, 1943-57 - Ryerson University by Peter D. Hiscocks (PDF)
The Cathode Ray Oscilloscope by J. Czech - 1957 book published as part of the Philips' Technical Library (PDF)
You Should Meet Melville Eastham by Chuck House - founder of General Radio with references and comparisons to Tektronix
Op-Amp Applications Handbook by Walt Jung (PDF)
HP Origins - A video story of Hewlett-Packard as told by HP employees over the years
4051 Related (including programs)
The First Graphical PC Came From 1970s Oregon? - 4051 demonstration
Github 4051 Basic Programs - Facebook 4051 programs
Archer Computer Services 4051 Information (not SSL) - 4051 photos and ROM images
Archer Computer Services 4051 Programs (not SSL) - 4051 programs