Tektronix purchased 313 acres in Beaverton in 1956. This undated Beaverton map shows the area prior to the construction of the Tektronix campus. Click on the image to view the PDF.
More information on Beaverton can be found on our Beaverton History page.
The first building constructed was 19 for the Metals operation. This August 2, 1957 Oregonian article describes the new plant.
This photo shows the construction of the twin Assembly buildings 39 and 47.
This 1963 photo is a scan from the first 1964 Annual Report and shows the construction of the Technical Center building 50.
This 1963 photo is looking west. In the far distance you can see the construction of the Technical Center building 50. Ceramics building 13 is in the foreground. The atrium of the building is the current location of the vintageTEK museum restoration room.
This undated photograph of the campus looking east shows the completion of building 50.
This April 22, 1966 TekWeek article has a photo and description of some of the parking issues at the new campus.
This February 16, 1968 TekWeek featured an aerial view of the campus.
This August 10, 1973 TekWeek describes the preparation for the building expansion including the removal of an old oak tree. Click on the image to view the PDF.
This August 17, 1973 TekWeek describes the relocation of both trees and the new building.
This 1985 document details the chronological order of the construction of the buildings on the Beaverton and surround area sites. Click on the image to view the PDF.
The Tektronix Park is a good film about the Beaverton Campus located on our Video Gallery. There are also other films in the Gallery about the campus.